The 1st edition of the Sports Innovation Conference took place on March 08, 2016, at Thomas More in Turnhout, Belgium. The event included workshops and parallel sessions covering a variety of topics related to sports innovation.
The conference was successful, attracting many international delegates, and provided great intellectual and social interaction for the participants.
Who was there to speak?
International leading speakers from Microsoft, Thomas More Kempen, University of Leuven, European Platform for Sport Innovation (EPSI), The Danish Institute for Sports Studies, Mobilab, Sport eXperience, SICS Swedish ICT, Videobserver, Flemish Football Association, RS Print™ Powered by Materialise, JOHAN Sports, Wackitball, SAP and AAA-LUX provided brilliant insights into key areas of interest.
Speakers and participants lined up during the seminar, workshops and parallel sessions to showcase and discuss topics related to the main issues in focus.
The topics of the presentations included:
- “From App to Stadium: Digitizing a Global Sports Fan Experience”
- “The transformation of sports sponsorship”
- “The future of innovation in the sport section”
- “Sports Innovation in Denmark”
- “Technology and care: the impact of use of exoskeleton for patients”
- “Trends and best practices in Sports and Health Tech”
- “Monitoring movements – using sensor solutions for different purposes and in different contexts”
- “Expanding the use of Performance Video & Data”
- “A life long football: sports technical and social innovation”
- “Yours Truly? The mass customization of sporting goods through additive manufacturing”
- “JOHAN: elite wearable technology for all teams”
- “Wackitball: Urban Racket Sport”
- “An inspiration journey how to boast sports with BIG data”
- “Sports accelerates our business”
A photo impression of the conference can be found here.
The conference gathered over 85 international attendees and speakers from renowned companies, governmental organisations, sports federations and associations, research and educational institutes and consultancy firms.
We want to thank all speakers, partners and attendees for their presence.
We hope to see you again at the next edition of the Sports Innovation Conference or one of the other conferences of Get social! Stay up to date by following @sportinnovated and join the conversation within our LinkedIn group.